How to Make Windows XP Startup
1. Click on Start, then Run, and type "msconfig". Wait for a new window to pop up.
2. Look under the "BOOT.INI" tab. You will see a box labeled "Timeout:", and a numerical value. By default, it's 30, which means 30 seconds of wait time before boot. This can be changed, make it 3 seconds. (Note: if you have more than one operating system, this means the wait time to startup to the highlighted Operating System. Sometimes you might want a bit more than 3 seconds than you can opt 5 or 10 seconds.
3. Delete The Temporary Files Periodically From Your Computer To Make The Applications Run Faster. Type %Temp% in the run dialog box by clicking on Start -> Run, and click on "OK". You will see an open folder with many files. Click on the Edit menu and click on Select all and then click on the File menu and select Delete. Note: Always confirm that the folder which is opened has a "temp" on the top of menu bar and the folder indicates that it is a temporary folder
4. Perform a Scandisk To See That Your Computer Hard Drive is in Healthy Condition and it helps Your Computer Run Faster
5. Always Perform a Disk Defragmentation at least once in a month. Start the disk defragmentation from the system tools available in the accessories from the start menu. It takes a longer time and it is advised not to run any applications in the computer including the screen savers, while running disk defragmentation
6. Clean Windows Registry Regularly.Select a useful software from Filetransit.com.Experts recommend once in a month registry cleaning for smooth and fast computing.
ANOTHER WAY TO FAST UP UR SYSTEM IS .........
HibernationAfter doing all this, another method you can do is to allow the computer to hibernate. Hibernation closes and opens Windows faster than usual. However, Hibernation is a good long-term recommended solution, as it does save electricity.
1 Go to Start->Control Panel->Power Options.
2. Click on the Hibernate tab.2Click on the box that says "Enable hibernation" to check it.
3. Click on the Advanced tab and change the Power buttons options if you want to hibernate by pressing the sleep button or the power button. Otherwise, holding the Shift key while in the Turn Off Computer menu will give you the option to hibernate.
4 Restart your computer every week or so to clean your computer.The power can then be completely turned off, even at the socket so that no power is wasted.